The White Columns Curated Artist Registry is an online catalog of digital images documenting the work of artists who are not affiliated with a commercial gallery in New York City. Each submission is reviewed by our curatorial staff; in order to be considered for the registry, one must submit work digitally via this website.
Born 1975 Anniston, Alabama
Lives and works in Providence, RI
MFA - School of Visual Arts, New York, New York. 2008.
BFA - The Atlanta College of Art, Atlanta, Georgia, 2003. Magna Cum Laude
BArch - Auburn University, Auburn, AL 1998.
-Passenger with Horizon, GRIN, Providence, RI
-Monochrome, Nurture Art, Brooklyn, NY
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
-Wrong Side of History, Bullet Space, NYC
-ArtSpeaks Group Show, The Wurks, Providence, RI
-Blue Sky Thinking, curated by Lindsey Stapleton and Corey Oberlander, in association with SPRING/BREAK Art Show, NYC
-Reconcilable Differences, curated by Clinton King and Julie Curtiss, Brooklyn, NY
-MINIMAX, Bullet Space, NYC
-Quoting the Quotidian, Wil Aballe Art Projects, Vancouver, BC Canada
-Bring Your Own Beamer, GRIN, Providence, RI
-Pop-Up Show, 485 Lorimer Street, Brooklyn, NY
-Simple Subtraction, 47 Thames, Brooklyn, NY
-D(raw), Bullet Space, NYC
-TEEM, GRIN, Providence, RI
-Memphis Social, in association with Apex Art. 115 Union Street, Memphis, TN
-Content, Athens Institute of Contemporary Art, Athens, GA
-Unsteady Ground, City Without Walls, Newark, NJ
-The Brucennial, curated by Bruce High Quality Foundation, New York, NY
- Mob, Bullet Space, New York, NY
- Comedy Night, Nurture Art, Brooklyn, NY
- Right Place For the Wrong People, Bullet Space, New York, NY
- To Japan/ Love, New York. Munch Gallery, New York, NY
- Life In A Peaceful New World, Interstate Projects, New York, NY
- Land Use Survey, Jen Bekman Gallery, New York, NY
- Conceptual Bushwick, Nurture Art, Brooklyn, NY
- Banzai! The Red Lotus Room, Brooklyn, NY
- The Brucennial : Miseducation, curated by Bruce High Quality Foundation, New York, NY
- Amateur Hour, 285 Quincy, Brooklyn, NY
- It Has Happened, TPTP, Paris, France
- The Perfect Crime, Bullet Space, New York, NY
- WORKOUT, OTOM, Brooklyn, NY
- Visionary Drawing Building, MASS MoCA, North Adams, MA
- Minus Suitcase, Brainfactory, Seoul, Korea
- Minus Suitcase, Jack the Pelican, Brooklyn, NY
- Undertow: Crosscurrents and Excavations, Fosdick Nelson Gallery, Alfred University, Alfred, NY
- A Number of Things, Visual Arts Gallery, New York, NY
- 21 Cities At Once Performed, Simultaneous worldwide performance. Curated online event.
- This Is Berlin Not New York, Mastul e.V., Berlin, Germany
- Every Last Day, Chashama Project Space, New York, NY
- Every Last Day, Go Go Gallery, Miami, FL
- Every Last Day, District of Columbia Arts Center, Washington, D.C.
- Stencil Show, Eyedrum, Atlanta, GA
- TransATLantic, Miami Circle, Atlanta GA
- Forward Arts Foundation, Swan Coach House Gallery, Atlanta, GA
- Our Land, Lump Projects/ Gallery, Raleigh, NC
- For Reproduction Only, Art Barbecue, Atlanta, GA
- The Lo-Fi Show, Eyedrum, Atlanta, GA
- Sloppy Slobbering Monster, The Bank, Kansas City, MO
- TransATLantic, Gallery 24, Berlin, Germany
- Dos Pestañeos Presents: This Is the Future, Saltworks, Atlanta, GA
- Make Your Own Fun, Guild and Greyshkul Gallery, New York, NY
- Tender Landscape, Dalton Gallery at Agnes Scott College, Decatur, GA
- Silhouette: The Art of Form, Spruill Gallery, Dunwoody, GA
- Shedspace with Dos Pestañeos, public installation at Little Five Points Community Center, Atlanta, GA
- Untitled, with Andrew Scott Ross, Dos Pestañeos Studios, Atlanta, GA
- Looks Good on Paper, Spruill Gallery, Dunwoody, GA
- Dos Pestañeos Presents: Use Your Illusion I, Dos Pestañeos Studios, Atlanta, GA
- Viewing Room, Saltworks, Atlanta, GA
- SGF, SGF Building, Atlanta, GA
- Walk In Circles, Gallery 100, Atlanta, GA
- Selected, Atlanta College of Art Gallery, Atlanta, GA
- Fresh, NoNo Space, curated by Fifth Class, Atlanta, GA
- Exhibit B, The Art Farm, Atlanta, GA
Best of Atlanta Awards:
- "Best Hot Young Thing in the Art World: Scott Lawrence". Creative Loafing.
Critics Faves of 2004:
- "#1 Art Show: This Is The Future", curated by Dos Pestañeos, Saltworks Gallery. Creative Loafing.
Forward Arts Foundation Grant: Dos Pestañeos, June 2004
Best of Atlanta Awards:
- "Best Artist Collective: Dos Pestañeos", Creative Loafing.
Top Ten Art Events of 2003:
- Use Your Illusion I at Dos Pestañeos Studios, Creative Loafing.
"Review: Wrong Place for the Right People", by Tom McGlynn. M Magazine, Summer 2011
"I don't Know if This is Fun", by Nova Benway. Bushwick News, August 12
"At the Modern, Art in a New York Minute", by Randy Kennedy. The New York Times. April 11, 2008.
"Local Kids Make Good - Real Good", by Felicia Feaster. Creative Loafing. November 2007.
"Interview With Dos Pestañeos", by Eric Amling. Optical Oak. April 2005.
"3 Q's with Helena Reckitt", by Felicia Feaster. Creative Loafing. August, 2005.
"Reviews: Southeast (Atlanta)" by Phil Oppenheim. Art Papers. November/ December 2004.
"Lo and Behold" by Jerry Cullum, Access Atlanta. September 2004.
"For Future Reference" by Jerry Cullum, The Atlanta Journal Constitution. July 2004.
"Super-Size It" by Felicia Feaster, Creative Loafing, July 2004.
"Summer Sizzles" by Felicia Feaster, Creative Loafing. July 2004.
"The Future Doesn't Lack for Lively Ideas" by Catherine Fox, The Atlanta Journal Constitution. June 2004.
"Tomorrowland" by Felicia Feaster, Creative Loafing. June 2004.
"Ten Artists Driven To Abstraction" by Jerry Cullum, The Atlanta Journal Constitution. May 2004.
"Shadowy Past" by Felicia Feaster, Creative Loafing, February 2004.
"Reviews: Southeast (Atlanta)" by Lucy F. Collins, Art Papers. July/ August 2003.
"In Search of Museum Peace" by Felicia Feaster, Creative Loafing. July 2003.
"Outside the Lines: Where Beauty Lies" by Jerry Cullum, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. April 2003.
"Wink Wink: Dos Pestañeos Challenges the Perception of Truth", by Felicia Feaster, Creative Loafing. April 2003.
"Troubling Possibilities", by Felicia Feaster, Creative Loafing. March 2003.